Current NCHEC Webinars
Continuing Competency Requirements for CHES and MCHES
Four different live opportunities to fit your schedule!
February 11, 2019 | 12-1 pm EST
February 11, 2019 | 3 - 4 pm EST
February 14, 2019 | 12-1 pm EST
February 14, 2019 | 3 - 4 pm EST
Note: This live webcast will offer continuing education credits for free. Continuing education credits for the archived version will be available for a $3 fee. If desired, you will be asked to pay the fee upon completion of the course material.
In this live webinar, NCHEC experts will discuss the recertification requirements for Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES®) and Master Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES®).
This session is intended for health educators with existing CHES/MCHES certifications or who are interested in pursuing this credential. Please attend only one of these options. Only 1 credit total will be awarded.
- Discuss the recertification requirements for Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) and Master Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES). Including Continuing Competency requirement.
- List the key resources available to earn Continuing Education Contact Hours for CHES and MCHES.
- Summarize the process of reporting credits and ways to monitor individual’s CECH transcript.
- Answer audience questions.
Continuing Education Credit
1.0 CHES Category I CECH
Curricular Mapping of Health Education Courses with HESPA Competencies and Sub-Competencies
This webinar aired on: Fri, Sep 14, 2018
1. Describe the steps in conducting a complete HESPA curriculum mapping process
2. Identify the need for curricular mapping using HESPA Competencies and Sub-competencies to create curricular improvements and changes
3. Discuss the importance of the HESPA model for professional preparation and practice
A Recording of this webinar is now available.
Changes to the Administration of the CHES® and MCHES® Examinations - Computer-based Testing: October 2018
The webinar will walk university faculty and potential exam applicants through the upcoming changes to the national health education and promotion certification exams administration process. We will discuss what will change and what will remain the same with NCHEC's transition from paper-based testing to computer-based testing in October of 2018. April 27th 12-1 pm EST.
Presented by Linda Lysoby, MS, MCHES®, CAE, Executive Director of NCHEC
View Slide deck here.