NCHEC Ambassador Program 2019-2020
In 2016, NCHEC's Division Board for Professional Preparation and Practice (DBPPP) launched the NCHEC Ambassador program to facilitate communication between health education programs and NCHEC. To date, NCHEC has registered over 200 Ambassadors at major universities across the U.S. These participating faculty members have pledged to promote the CHES® and MCHES® credentials at their respective campuses using marketing and presentation materials provided by NCHEC.
Ambassador eligibility is based on a number of factors including possessing an active CHES®/MCHES® credential and representing a campus with an expanding number of exam applicants. The role of the NCHEC Ambassador is to promote the value of the CHES®/MCHES® credential by educating students on the importance of attesting to a national standard.
Role as an NCHEC Ambassador
Ambassadors will be asked to do the following:
- Send 2-3 short email messages throughout the year to students eligible to sit for the exam (email templates will be provided).
- Distribute NCHEC Brochures and FAQ’s.
- Make at least one presentation (Powerpoint will be provided to you) which includes the value of CHES® and MCHES® certification, the history of the credentials, reasons to certify, how to apply, the benefits of the CHES®/MCHES® credentials, testimonials and more. The presentation kit includes a script to assist in delivering the NCHEC message.
A Continuing Education Credit for each year of participation as an Ambassador will be awarded. You must submit an Ambassador Reporting Form to receive credit.
“University faculty can play a vital role in informing students about the discipline-specific certification that may help to differentiate them as candidates for employment,” said Linda Lysoby, NCHEC’s Executive Director. “We hope to encourage this student-faculty communication through the ambassador program.”
NCHEC expects to expand the program to every university in the country offering a health education program in the next few years. If you are interested in becoming an NCHEC Ambassador, please fill out the form below and submit. We will get your welcome materials sent out to you as soon as possible.
NEW Ambassador Toolkit
- A poster describing eligibility requirement,
- 25 copies CHES®/MCHES® brochures,
- 25 copies – Why Employ a CHES®/MCHES® health education specialist,
- A sign-up sheet for collecting information on program attendees,
- A reporting form to be returned to NCHEC annually for activity tracking and CECH submission purposes,
- A flash drive with power point presentation and script, as well as videos and infographics to use in the classroom
- A copy of the Competency-Based Framework for Health Education Specialist – 2015,
- A token of appreciation: CHES®/MCHES® ceramic coaster set or mug.