Job Opportunity at NCHEC
Please share this notice with appropriate candidates who would be interested in working with a national organization located in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
The National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC), a non-profit, credentialing organization is seeking a Communication Specialist. NCHEC’s vision is to promote, improve, and protect the health of people through upholding the highest quality standards in health education certifications. The Communication Specialist position provides an excellent opportunity for an individual interested in collaborating and networking with health education professionals from all over the country in various capacities. This person will work with organization staff and volunteer Board and Committee members on internal and external communications of NCHEC, particularly focused on achieving NCHEC’s overall vision. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, goal driven, team player with knowledge and training in health education and communication.
NCHEC is seeking an individual with strong written and oral communication, customer service, interpersonal, and organizational skills to oversee message creation, social media and website presence, and other initiatives regarding the nationally recognized certifications and the Commission. Knowledge and training in the Health Education (HE) profession and specifically HE Area of Responsibility VI: Communication is preferred.
- Creates and distributes communication messages regarding certification and the Commission.
- Supports the Deputy Executive Director and the marketing committee with communication initiatives. Assists in the creation of marketing pieces and presentations including design, branding and standardization of messages. Publications may include annual report and certification manuals.
- Oversees social media presence by generating content for various platforms, ensuring the optimization of company pages to increase visibility of content. Monitors and responds to messages/comments on social media sites. Analyzes social data/metrics and refines strategies..
- Oversees and updates the website. Analyzes website utilization statistics monthly and makes recommendations for website changes based on that data. Serves as contact for the website hosting agency.
- Manages NCHEC’s new online engagement community. Provides monthly reports on activity and membership data for the Community Dashboards.
- Assists in the production of the NCHEC NEWS e-newsletter. Helps to identify topics, write and solicit articles and ensures quality layout, design and distribution.
- Supports office needs including telephone coverage, responding to general requests for information and answering basic inquires regarding continuing education, CHES examination, payments and other issues as necessary.
- Participates as needed in exhibits at national conferences.
- At least some regular in-office time required: a hybrid work situation will be considered.
- Certified Health Education Specialist or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES® or MCHES®) credential preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Professional preparation in health education (specifically Area of Responsibility VI: Communication), marketing, or communication preferable.
- Familiarity with the health education profession including professional organizations, academic preparation, and areas of responsibility and competencies preferred.
- Experience working with volunteer committees and boards.
- Knowledge of social media and analytics software (Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Fluent in MS office, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Experience with design programs.
- Experience in website management.
- Strong written and oral communication, customer service, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently with minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work at least some regular in-office time.
Please submit resume and cover letter by June 1, 2022 to:
Mimi Byelick, Administrative Coordinator
Email — firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax — 1-800-813-0727
Address — 1541 Alta Drive, Suite 303, Allentown, PA, 18052