NCHEC's 2020 Infographic Contest
Enter NCHEC's 2020 Infographic contest - there are two categories available!
CHES®/MCHES® or Non-CHES/Student ($100 prizes in both categories!)
Deadline: December 1st , 2020
Below are the requirements for the infographic submissions:
- Infographics must be submitted in pdf or jpeg format through email with “Infographic Contest Submission” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1st
- Include a short written summary of what your infographic accomplishes (body of your email is acceptable).
- Include any and all references/citations/sources used in your infographic.
- Sign an agreement stating NCHEC owns the copyright, can publish the infographic on its Web site and/or social media outlets, and use in future outreach strategies. Click here to sign agreement.
- One entry per individual.
- All entries must be orginal work created by the entrant; images must have copyright permission/use permission. We suggest free, creative commons images or ones found on pixabay.com.
- Entries must be submitted by the December 1st deadline.
To help stimulate ideas, consider these themes (if you have a creative idea- that's even better!):
- Steps to Becoming CHES® or MCHES® Certified
- Why I Chose CHES® or MCHES® Certification
- What Being CHES® or MCHES® Means to Me
- How I Prepared for My CHES® or MCHES® Exam – and Passed!
- Ways for CHES®/MCHES® to Network
- How I Found my CHES® or MCHES® Job Opportunity!
Student Category (non-certified) theme/idea suggestions:
- Why I Want to Become CHES® or MCHES® certified
- How CHES® or MCHES® certification can help during a job interview
- My career strategy (include CHES® or MCHES® certification)
Free infographic creator: Canva.com or Piktochart
Royalty-free images: www.pixabay.com
Contact Jess Wessner at email@example.com with any questions
2020 Outstanding Service & Leadership Award
Deadline: January 31, 2021
- initiate programs that produce a community-wide or state/national impact?
- promote the CHES® or MCHES® credential within your organization?
- advance the profession of health education/promotion?
Does your organization:
- value the certification of CHES® and MCHES® on staff?
- implement programs or policies that promote the role of certified health education specialists?
- use the professional knowledge of CHES® or MCHES® to implement programs benefiting the health and welfare of communities/popluations?
- support the continuing competency/education of staff?
NCHEC has developed the Outstanding Service and Leadership Award program to recognize CHES® and MCHES® certified individuals who have demonstrated outstanding leadership and commitment to the health education profession. Organizations employing CHES® and/or MCHES® certified individuals to promote and advance the profession are also eligible to apply for the award. Current board members or members of the Marketing Committee are not eligible for this award, although existing board members MAY nominate an organization or an individual for this award.
Individuals applying for the award must hold current active or retired CHES® or MCHES® certifications at the time of application and remain in active or retired status through March of 2021. There will be two indiviudal categories for this award: Emerging Profession (<5 years) or Establish Professional (>5 years).
Organizations applying can include, but are not limited to, state and local health departments, insurance companies, hospitals and health care providers, universities and/or schools. The person applying from the organization does not need be a CHES®/MCHES®, but the organization must have CHES® and/or MCHES® on staff.
The winning applicants will receive recognition by NCHEC, a commemorative plaque displaying the distinction, as well as a feature in NCHEC’s print bulletin, press releases, and social media sites.