CHES and MCHES Video Contest 2019 - New!
- Deadline: November 15, 2019
- Prizes: $100 first prize; $25 runners up (2)
- Guidelines: See below
CONTEST THEME: How has CHES® and/or MCHES® changed your professional life?
To help stimulate ideas for your video submission, consider these questions:
- What type of work do you currently do?
- What brought you to this type of work? Is it a passion? Is it a personal mission?
- How does your work impact your community?
- What do you enjoy about this work and why do you enjoy it?
- Tell us a short story of how your work has helped/influenced someone (does not need to be lengthy - just something to personify your work further)
- How did CHES® or MCHES® certification help you get where you are?
2019 Infographic Contest
Enter NCHEC's 2019 Infographic contest today - there are two categories available: CHES®/MCHES® or Non-CHES/Student ($100 prizes in both categories!)
Deadline: December 31st , 2019
Below are the requirements for the infographic submissions:
- Infographics must be submitted in pdf or jpeg format through email with “Infographic Contest Submission” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31st.
- Include a short written summary of what your infographic accomplishes (body of your email is acceptable)
- Include any and all references/citations/sources used in your infographic
- Sign an agreement stating NCHEC owns the copyright, can publish the infographic on its Web site and/or social media outlets, and use in future outreach strategies
- One entry per individual
- All entries must be orginal work created by the entrant; images must have copyright permission/use permission
- Entries must be submitted by the December 31st deadline
To help stimulate ideas, consider these themes/ideas (not required):
- Steps to Becoming CHES® or MCHES® Certified
- Why I Chose CHES® or MCHES® Certification
- What Being CHES® or MCHES® Means to Me
- How I Prepared for My CHES® or MCHES® Exam – and Passed!
- Ways for CHES®/MCHES® to Network
- How I Found my CHES® or MCHES® Job Opportunity!
Student Category (non-certified) theme/idea suggestions:
- Why I Want to Become CHES® or MCHES® certified
- How CHES® or MCHES® certification can help during a job interview
- My career strategy (include CHES® or MCHES® certification)
Free infographic creator: Canva.com or Piktochart
Royalty-free images: www.pixabay.com
Contact Jess Wessner at email@example.com with any questions
2019 Service & Leadership Award
- initiate programs that produce a community-wide or state/national impact?
- promote the CHES® or MCHES® credential within your organization?
- advance the profession of health education/promotion?
Does your organization:
- value the certification of CHES® and MCHES® on staff?
- implement programs or policies that promote the role of certified health education specialists?
- use the professional knowledge of CHES® or MCHES® to implement programs benefiting the health and welfare of communities/popluations?
- support the continuing competency/education of staff?
NCHEC has developed the Outstanding Service and Leadership Award program to recognize CHES® and MCHES® certified individuals who have demonstrated outstanding leadership and commitment to the health education profession. Organizations employing CHES® and/or MCHES® certified individuals to promote and advance the profession are also eligible to apply for the award.
Individuals applying for the award must hold current active or retired CHES® or MCHES® certifications at the time of application and remain in active or retired status through March of 2020. There will be two indiviudal categories for this award: Emerging Profession (<5 years) or Establish Professional (>5 years).
Organizations applying can include, but are not limited to, state and local health departments, insurance companies, hospitals and health care providers, universities and/or schools. The person applying from the organization does not need be a CHES®/MCHES®, but the organization must have CHES® and/or MCHES® on staff.
The winning applicant will receive recognition by NCHEC, a commemorative plaque displaying the distinction, as well as a feature in NCHEC’s print bulletin, press releases, and social media sites.
Email video submission link and transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.