National Commission for Health Education Credentialing
2018 Outstanding Service and Leadership Award
Deadline: December 15, 2018
Leadership Award Guidelines
- initiate programs that produce a community-wide or state/national impact?
- promote the CHES® or MCHES® credential within your organization?
- advance the profession of health education/promotion?
Does your organization:
- value the certification of CHES® and MCHES® on staff?
- implement programs or policies that promote the role of certified health education specialists?
- use the professional knowledge of CHES® or MCHES® to implement programs benefiting the health and welfare of communities/popluations?
- support the continuing competency/education of staff?
NCHEC has developed the Outstanding Service and Leadership Award program to recognize CHES® and MCHES® certified individuals who have demonstrated outstanding leadership and commitment to the health education profession. Organizations employing CHES® and/or MCHES® certified individuals to promote and advance the profession are also eligible to apply for the award.
Individuals applying for the award must hold current active or retired CHES® or MCHES® certifications at the time of application and remain in active or retired status through March of 2018. In 2018, there will be two indiviudal categories for this award: Emerging Profession (<5 years) or Establish Professional (>5 years).
Organizations applying can include, but are not limited to, state and local health departments, insurance companies, hospitals and health care providers, universities and/or schools. The person applying from the organization does not need be a CHES®/MCHES®, but the organization must have CHES® and/or MCHES® on staff.
The winning applicant will receive recognition by NCHEC, a commemorative plaque displaying the distinction, as well as a feature in NCHEC’s print bulletin, press releases, and social media sites.
Want to view the 2017 video contest winner for ideas? CLICK HERE.
Email video submission link and transcript to email@example.com.
2018 Infographic Contest - new!
Enter NCHEC's 2018 Infographic contest today - there are two categories available: CHES®/MCHES® or Non-CHES/Student ($100 prizes in both categories!)
Below are the requirements for the infographic submissions:
- Infographics must be submitted in pdf or jpeg format through email with “Infographic Contest Submission” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31st.
- Include a short written summary of what your infographic accomplishes (body of your email is acceptable)
- Include any and all references/citations/sources used in your infographic
- Sign an agreement stating NCHEC owns the copyright, can publish the infographic on its Web site and/or social media outlets, and use in future outreach strategies
- One entry per individual
- All entries must be orginal work created by the entrant; images must have copyright permission/use permission
- Entries must be submitted by the December 31st deadline
To help stimulate ideas, consider these themes/ideas (not required):
- Steps to Becoming CHES® or MCHES® Certified
- Why I Chose CHES® or MCHES® Certification
- What Being CHES® or MCHES® Means to Me
- How I Prepared for My CHES® or MCHES® Exam – and Passed!
- Ways for CHES®/MCHES® to Network
- How I Found my CHES® or MCHES® Job Opportunity!
Student Category (non-certified) theme/idea suggestions:
- Why I Want to Become CHES® or MCHES® certified
- How CHES® or MCHES® certification can help during a job interview
- My career strategy (include CHES® or MCHES® certification)
Free infographic creator: www.canva.com
Royalty-free images: www.pixabay.com
Contact Jess Wessner at email@example.com with any questions