Hudson River HealthCare
About Hudson River Health Care Founded over 40 years ago as a Federally Qualified Health Center, Hudson River Health Care (HRHCare) is one of the nation’s largest community health providers. The HRHCare network of 30 health centers throughout the Hudson Valley and Long Island provides affordable, accessible care to over 185,000 patients through more than 820,000 visits annually. The more than 350 primary care practitioners and 700 specialists and support staff have made HRHCare a destination for
Join Our Dynamic, Driven and Dedicated Inter-disciplinary Team of Health Professionals
The central role as Manager of Health Education is to provide leadership in the implementation and delivery of evidence-based health promotion and disease prevention programs adopted by HRHCare and serves as the Program Manager to coordinate the ongoing development of the Rural Health Network, an established coalition which is led by HRHCare. As the Program Manager for Eastern Dutchess Rural Health Network (EDRHN) responsibilities include co-facilitating Network meetings and working directly with community partners to monitor grant specific tasks and performance measures. She/ he represents EDRHN and promotes activities that support Network mission; engages local stakeholders and prepare quarterly progress reports in a timely fashion.
The Manager of Health Education is responsible for the coordination of evidence-based health promotion and disease prevention programs patient i.e., Chronic Disease Self-Management Education (CDSME), Freedom from Smoking, National Diabetes Prevention Program etc.to ensure programs are being implemented at HRHCare and community-based sites. She/he collaborates with internal and external partners to produce workshop materials, coordinates program scheduling, facilitates participant recruitment; ensures program fidelity, organizes data collection and assists with training needs of volunteer Peer Leaders. In addition, the Manager of Health Education identifies, recommends, and maintains credible patient education resources which is communicated for organization wide use. Collaborates with staff and assists Community Health Workers on use of health promotion training tools or resources as needed.
Education, Certifications, Training & Experience: Individual must have a BS in Health Sciences, Community Health Education/ Health Promotion or a related field from an accredited University. Possess minimally 3 to 5 years’ experience working with underserved communities and diverse populations. A strong preference for individuals with active certification status as a Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) or certification as a CDSMP or DSMP Master Trainer is a plus. Bilingual in English and Spanish language is desirable but not mandatory.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal skill set; must be a team player who works cooperatively and effectively with the sites across the HRHCare network of Health Centers, county and community organizations.
• Ability to travel throughout the HRHCare Health System which spans 10 counties including Hudson Valley and Long Island region.
• Adapts well in fast-paced work environment; able to adjust to meet changing demands in a timely fashion.
• Respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance; understands and applies principles of cultural competence.
• Knowledge of and experience with evidenced-based interventions such as “Stanford Model” CDMSE program.
• Possess exceptional communication skills (verbal and written )
• Computer proficiency skills in MS Office required
• Must be able to apply sound professional judgment, handle multiple assignments, take initiative to plan and complete projects effectively with short timelines.
• Evidence of strong presentation organizational skills; knowledge of administrative functions; competence in writing, communication research, planning, implementing and monitoring programs.
Accountability & Position: Reports to Director of Health Education Services. This position will be housed within HRHCare’s Community Initiatives and Patient Engagement Department.
Salary and Benefits: HRHCare offers a comprehensive benefits package; salary commensurate with expe
How to Apply
Visit our job board to upload resume and cover letter
Hudson River HealthCare
1037 Main Street
Peekskill, NY 10566
Visit our website
Edit your job posting