Martin County Healthy Start Coalition
Martin County Healthy Start Coalition is a non-profit 501(c)3 that offers support and education to pregnant women and infants. We opened our doors in February 1993 with the mission of ensuring that all babies in Martin County are born healthy. Through various programs and services the organization has provided thousands of local women and babies with prenatal care and guidance.
Community Health Educator - Prenatal, Preconception & Interconception Health
The Community Health Educator is responsible for health education of target populations for the Healthy Start Coalition (a non-profit agency) at the Betty Moore Prenatal Outreach Center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increase the awareness and educate the identified target populations to understand risk and protective factors related to childbearing.
- Ensure that all targeted clients have a reproductive life plan (e.g., whether or when they wish to have children, and how they will maintain their reproductive health).
- Connect women served in targeted population to healthcare.
- Deliver evidence-based, prenatal, preconception and inter-conception health education programming to identified clients at hospitals, community health clinics; Coordinate health screenings and other wellness functions at community events.
- Assess health education needs, teach classes and provide individual counseling to improve the health & well-being of clients. Assure clients and their families have access to accurate and up-to-date health information and care.
- Develop, implement, evaluate and update standardized health education programs including education and outreach programs for at-risk youth, parents, and youth-serving professionals.
- Track and maintain reports, clinical documentation, and evaluation of health education programs.
- Establish and maintain a confidential record system in accordance with generally accepted operational procedures and practices. Required data elements will be entered into the SAMIS system in accordance with the requirements of the Children’s Services Council. Data element reports from that system will satisfy those requirements of the funding partners once data is validated by internal QA/QI.
- Serve as a liaison and/or participate in county and community coalitions that involve strategic planning and implementation of public health programs that benefit low-income populations.
- Build relationships with community organizations, local health departments, and community based clinic practices to better serve clientele.
- Participate in staff meetings, continuing education training, and program required meetings.
- Coordinate classes and programs for clients.
- Work independently and also as a community team member.
- Perform duties in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Communication skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to make public presentations. Must possess strong organizational, communication and writing skills. Bilingual in Spanish preferred. Relates cooperatively and constructively with staff, Board and Coalition members, agency representatives, service providers, and the target population.
Minimum of four-year college degree in one of the following preferred: social sciences; a health related field such as nursing, public health, health education, health care administration, social work or psychology
OR Two years of college with three years of experience in social work, public health, health education, nursing, or counseling.
CHES, MCHES, or RN preferred.
Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Special Requirements and Physical Demands: Must have a reliable vehicle to drive within Martin County, and requires maintaining a valid Florida State drivers’ license with a satisfactory driving record and eligibility for coverage under any applicable agency insurance
Comprehensive benefits package with health, vision, dental, retirement, and tuition reimbursement. Family-friendly workplace with breastfed babies under 1 year welcome.
$25,000-$40,000 with comprehensive benefits; full-time or part-time 24-40 hours/ week
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Martin County Healthy Start Coalition
101 SE Central Parkway
Stuart, FL 34994
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Edit your job posting