It's that time of year again! NCHEC is excited to announce our 3rd annual Oustanding Service & Leadership Award for professionals and organizations active in the field of health education and promotion. Read about last year's winners for ideas and inspiration! THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION SUBMISSION IS DECEMBER 15th, 2018.
Fill Out the 2018 Application Online.
DO YOU or your organization PROVIDE EXCELLENCE IN THE FIELD OF HEALTH EDUCATION/PROMOTION?
The Society for Public Health Education, 2017 Winner: Organizational Category
- initiate programs that produce a community-wide or state/national impact?
- promote the CHES® or MCHES® credential within your organization?
- advance the profession of health education/promotion?
Does your organization:
- value the certification of CHES® and MCHES® on staff?
- implement programs or policies that promote the role of certified health education specialists?
- use the professional knowledge of CHES® or MCHES® to implement programs benefiting the health and welfare of communities/popluations?
- support the continuing competency/education of staff?
NCHEC has developed the Outstanding Service and Leadership Award program to recognize CHES® and MCHES® certified individuals who have demonstrated outstanding leadership and commitment to the health education profession. Organizations employing CHES® and/or MCHES® certified individuals to promote and advance the profession are also eligible to apply for the award.
Individuals applying for the award must hold current active or retired CHES® or MCHES® certifications at the time of application and remain in active or retired status through March of 2018. In 2018, there will be two indiviudal categories for this award: Emerging Profession (<5 years) or Establish Professional (>5 years).
Organizations applying can include, but are not limited to, state and local health departments, insurance companies, hospitals and health care providers, universities and/or schools. The person applying from the organization does not need be a CHES®/MCHES®, but the organization must have CHES® and/or MCHES® on staff.
The winning applicant will receive recognition by NCHEC, a commemorative plaque displaying the distinction, as well as a feature in NCHEC’s print bulletin, press releases, and social media sites.
Dr. Mary Brown, 2017 Winner, Individual Category
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION SUBMISSION IS DECEMBER 15th, 2017. Apply today.
Click here to view the Nomination Form for the Outstanding Service & Leadership Award. If you have questions, please email@example.com.