As we continue to monitor the status of the COVID-19 outbreak and the impact on NCHEC’s credential-holders, exam candidates, and stakeholders, we are working to keep the lines of communication open between our staff and those impacted by this ever-evolving pandemic. We hope that you and your families remain safe and healthy during this unprecedented time.
In response to the COVD-19 public health emergency, the NCHEC office is currently operating remotely with full staff and normal business hours. Please know that your questions and needs are valuable to us, and will be addressed as quickly as possible. All emails received by NCHEC will be reviewed on a daily basis, and all staff will continue to be available to you for email support. NCHEC phone lines also remain open during business hours, but you may encounter some delays by phone.
Important things to keep in mind:
- Email will be the best method of contact during this public health emergency. Our individual contact information can be found at www.nchec.org/contact-us, or simply use the address: email@example.com. NCHEC office hours/status may be revised as conditions develop, and we will certainly reach out to all credential-holders if the situation changes.
- We highly encourage individuals who need to renew/recertify to pay your fees through the online portal in order to avoid mail delays or delays in processing. Please contact NCHEC staff if you have any issues with gaining online access, or if you are experiencing renewal/recertification difficulties due to COVID-19 circumstances. We are here to help.
- At present, publication orders will be processed and shipped once a week through UPS ground shipping only. Please be aware that there may be unforeseen delays with shipping in the weeks ahead that are beyond our control.
- Renewal/recertification requirements will not change. Please continue to accumulate continuing education credits as required for maintenance of your certification. If you are working remotely, please take advantage of the hundreds of free and web-based continuing education opportunities found below, or visit our YouTube page for details. Should you have difficulties completing your renewal or recertification at this time, please reach out to NCHEC staff. We understand that individual’s may have unforeseen difficulties, and NCHEC is ready to assist you.
- All exam candidates should be aware that the April 2020 examination window has been postponed. At this point in time, we are working with our testing vendor Prometric to identify a new window in June 2020, or later should the situation require. The Prometric Candidate Care team will actively work to meet the rescheduling needs of any candidates. All candidates will be notified by both NCHEC and Prometric as testing dates are altered due to changing circumstances of our public health emergency. We also continue to explore additional opportunities that may become available for candidates, such as live remote proctoring. Please note that you do not need to cancel your exam appointment at this time.
We realize that all families, businesses, and communities are experiencing changes and additional duties due to this ever-evolving emergency. We would like to acknowledge and applaud the efforts of our health education specialists at the forefront of this unprecedented public and community health crisis.
Linda Lysoby, NCHEC Executive Director
and NCHEC Staff