Recertification is something all CHES® and MCHES® must be thinking about during each 5-year cycle. When to get it, how to get it, and how much you are willing to spend on your own professional development. For each individual the magic formula differs depending on budgets and whether your employer supports the continued development of new skills and emerging competencies.
This spring, there are a multitude of free events on timely topics that all certified health education specialists can take advantage of. And the best news is, they are free.
Must Attend Events:
20th Annual Virtual Health Literacy Conference
The Institute for Healthcare Advancement is sponsoring its 20th Annual Virtual Health Literacy Conference from May 25-27, 2021. NCHEC has approved this event for upwards of 19.5 credits, all FREE. Please check out this amazing lineup of events!
2021 Virtual Prevent Cancer Dialogue Series
The 2021 Dialogue will again be virtual, with a series of three webcasts: April 7, May 5 and June 2, 2021. Get information on current trends, innovations and updates on cancer prevention and screening.
- Webcast 1: Innovations in Cancer Prevention, April 7
- Webcast 2: Innovations in Early Detection of Cancer, May 5
- Webcast 3: Progress and Challenges in Cancer Screening, June 2
Thomas A. Bonine Suicide Prevention Conference - 2021
- Hosted by the Eastern Illinois University Counseling Clinic
- 6 FREE CHES/MCHES Continuing Education Credits
- April 22, 2021 | 8:45 am- 3:45 pm
Coalitions Rising 2021
The Prevention Action Alliance is sponsoring four presentations from national leaders in the prevention field.
April 19: 9 am-4pm
- Strategies for Improving Community Responses to Alcohol Use Disorder
- SAMHSA’ “Talk. They Hear You.” Campaign
- Environmental Strategies in Alcohol Prevention