Deadline for nomination: January 31, 2022
The 2021 Outstanding Service and Leadership Award is now open for nomination submissions. The award was first instituted in 2016 in order to highlight career achievements in the implementation of programs and policies that promote the role of Certified Health Education Specialists within communities, populations, and/or organizational structure.
Individuals notimated for this award will currently hold an active CHES® or MCHES® credential, and will have completed one or more of the following:
- initiated programs that produce a community-wide or state/national impact
- promoted the CHES® or MCHES® credential within an organization?
- advanced the profession of health education/promotion on a local, state, or government level
There are two individual nomination categories:
- Emerging Professionals Category: (new professional in the field of health education and promotion <5 years)
- Established Professionals Category: (established professional with >5 years in the field of health education and promotion)
VIEW A PDF SAMPLE OF THE INDIVIDUAL NOMINATION FORM HERE
Organizations/Employers nominated for this award will have completed one or more of the following:
- valued the certification of CHES® and MCHES® on staff
- implemented programs or policies that promote the role of certified health education specialists
- used the professional knowledge of CHES® or MCHES® to implement programs benefiting the health and welfare of communities/popluations
- supported the continuing competency/education of staff
All entries should be submitted by January 31, 2022.
- CHES® certificants (active status and in good standing through March of 2022)
- MCHES® certificants (active status and in good standing through March of 2022)
- Organizations employing CHES® and/or MCHES®-certified individuals to promote and advance the profession.
- The following individuals are not permitted to participate: members of the Board of Commissioners, Division Board for Professional Preparation and Practice, Division Board for Certified Health Education Specialists, Division Board for Professional Development, and the NCHEC Marketing Committee
Leadership Award Guidelines
Each nomination submission must include:
- Completed Online Application Form – one application form per nomination; self-nominations are accepted.
- Uploaded documentation of achievements listed in support of each category of the Nomination/Application Form.
- One letter of recommendation by an industry professional and/or organization affirming the nominee’s leadership in/or service to the health education profession.
- NCHEC will distribute print applications by request only.
- Please limit documentation or attachments to 10 MB.
- All applications must be submitted by January 31, 2022.
Disclaimer: All awards are conferred at the sole discretion of NCHEC. Award recipients waive all possible legal claims against NCHEC arising from the selection of award recipients and the use or receipt of the award. All applications, including all supporting materials, shall become the property of NCHEC and are non-returnable.
Enter today for national recognition and a feature article in the NCHEC News Bulletin.