Recorded NCHEC Webinars
Introduction to Credentialing and Reimbursement Webinar Recording
JANUARY 25, 2023 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM EST
1.5 CECH and certificate of completion for CHES® and MCHES® offered by PHARMPH LLC
This webinar was in collaboration with PharmPH LLC and provided an informational overview of the reimbursement toolkit and walked attendees through the process of how to obtain a National Provider Identifier Number (NPI) and billable services for active CHES® and MCHES®.
ACCESS THE RECORDING HERE.
This pre-recorded session is intended for health educators with existing and active CHES®/MCHES® certifications interested in reimbursement for health education services.
• Provide an overview of the credentialing and reimbursement for health education services toolkit
• Describe the process of obtaining a NPI number
• Discuss ways on how to be credentialed into provider networks
• List billable services that can be provided by a CHES®/MCHES®
How to Maintain Your CHES® and MCHES® Certification Webinar Recording
Dec. 5, 2022, 2 PM - 3 PM ET
CE and certificate of completion are free.
This pre-recorded webinar will provide information on the recertification process for those who hold the CHES®/MCHES® certification. Whether interested in certification, newly certified, or credentialed for years, CHES®/MCHES® will benefit from the information presented.
This session is intended for health educators with existing CHES®/MCHES® certifications or those who are interested in pursuing this credential.
- Identify the requirements for the maintenance of CHES® and MCHES® certification
- Identify where and how to find and submit Continuing Ed credits
- Describe how to monitor your CECH transcript online
- Identify fees for maintaining certification
- Discuss the Continuing Competency requirements for recertification
Continuing Education Credit
- 1.0 CHES® Category I CECH (Areas of Responsibility: 8.4.5)*
- Certificate of Completion
The Region V Public Health Training Center is a designated provider (ID# 99038) of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
This event is a collaboration of the Region V Public Health Training Center and the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC).
The Region V Public Health Training Center is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number UB6HP31684 Public Health Training Centers ($929,475). This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by Region V PHTC, HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
CHES® Exam Information Webinar
Recorded on Wednesday, October 26, 2022
Learn all about what's involved in taking the April 2023 CHES® Exam. From eligibility to the application process, test scheduling, and studying, find out how to navigate the waters of the industry standard of CHES® certification.
Learn how the CHES® exam has changed to incorporate the newly updated Eight Areas of Responsibility and more.
Click Here to Access Recording
Curricular Mapping of Health Education Courses with the HESPA II 2020
This is a one-hour webinar sponsored by the New England Public Health Training Center and Yale School of Public Health. In this session, Public health professionals can learn about aligning program curriculum with the latest Health Education Specialist Practice Analysis II 2020 Competencies and Sub-competencies.
Webinar date: 2/23/2022
- Describe the steps in conducting a complete HESPA II 2020 curriculum mapping process
- Identify the need for curricular mapping using HESPA II 2020 Competencies and Sub-competencies to create curricular improvements and changes
- Discuss the importance of the HESPA II 2020 model for professional preparation and practice
- Discuss the steps involved with Health Department activities relating to the HESPA II 2020 Competencies
View the Recording Here