Upcoming and/or Recorded NCHEC Webinars
CHES Exam Information Webinar
April 14, 2021 | 12:30 -1:30 pm EST
Learn all about what's involved with taking the CHES® Exam. From eligibility, to the application process, and onward through test scheduling and studying, find out how to navigate the waters of the industry standard of CHES® certification. Live Q & A with NCHEC staff and exam coordinator Tanya Cole.
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. This webinar will be recorded for viewing at a later date.
How to Maintain Your CHES®/MCHES® Certification
**Webinar Recording Now Available On Demand
FREE (1) Category I CECH for CHES® and MCHES® for viewing and completing suvey.
This session is intended for health educators with existing CHES/MCHES certifications or those who are interested in pursuing this credential.
- Identify the requirements for the maintenance of CHES® and MCHES® certification
- Identify where and how to find and submit Continuing Ed credits
- Describe how to monitor your CECH transcript online
- Identify fees for maintaining certification
- Discuss the Continuing Competency requirements for recertification
- Brittany Chambers, MPH, MCHES; Associate Director of Education, Center to Advance Palliative Care
- Shontelle Dixon, MPH, CHES; Regulatory Health Project Manager, Center for Tobacco Products, Food and Drug Administration
The Region V Public Health Training Center is a designated provider (ID# 99038) of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
This course is hosted by the Region V Public Health Training Center and the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC).
Curricular Mapping of Health Education Courses with HESPA Competencies and Sub-Competencies
This webinar aired on: October 8, 2020
Sponsored by NNLM MAR, this one hour webinar is for any public health professional who would like to learn how to map Health Education curriculum to the new HESPA II 2020 competencies.
- Carolyn Rodgers, PhD, MCHES | Governors State University and NCHEC Board of Commissioners and Division Board for Professional Preparation and Practice
- Anna Torrens Armstrong, PhD, MPH, MCHES, CPH | University of South Florida, NCHEC Board of Commissioners
- Cynthia Karlsson, MS, MPH, MCHES | Washington State Department of Health, NCHEC Division Board for Professional Preparation and Practice
- Describe the steps in conducting a complete HESPA II 2020 curriculum mapping process
- Identify the need for curricular mapping using HESPA II 2020 Competencies and Sub-competencies to create curricular improvements and changes
- Discuss the importance of the HESPA II 2020 model for professional preparation and practice
- Discuss the steps involved with Health Department activities relating to the HESPA II 2020 Competencies
A Recording of this webinar is now available.
Careers in Health Education: CHES® & MCHES® Roundtable
Join us in celebration of National Health Education Week as we discuss the many different career sectors for practicing health education specialists. Panelists Deniece Chevannes, MCHES®, Janesia Robbs, CHES®, Jeana Neu, CHES®, and Chase Messersmith, CHES®, will discuss what their daily tasks as Certified Health Education Specialists entail, and what led them to their current career paths. 30 minute discussion will be followed by a 15 minute Q & A with webinar participants.
Watch the Webinar Recording here: https://youtu.be/TuKOa6EcjIc