Upcoming NCHEC Webinars
How to Maintain Your CHES® and MCHES® Certification Webinar
Dec. 5, 2022, 2 PM - 3 PM ET (Registration closes at 8 AM EST on Dec. 5th.)
CE and certificate of completion are free.
This live webinar will provide information on the recertification process for those who hold the CHES®/MCHES® certification. Whether interested in certification, newly certified, or credentialed for years, CHES®/MCHES® will benefit from the information presented.
This session is intended for health educators with existing CHES®/MCHES® certifications or those who are interested in pursuing this credential.
- Identify the requirements for the maintenance of CHES® and MCHES® certification
- Identify where and how to find and submit Continuing Ed credits
- Describe how to monitor your CECH transcript online
- Identify fees for maintaining certification
- Discuss the Continuing Competency requirements for recertification
Continuing Education Credit
- 1.0 CHES® Category I CECH (Areas of Responsibility: 8.4.5)*
- Certificate of Completion
The Region V Public Health Training Center is a designated provider (ID# 99038) of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
This event is a collaboration of the Region V Public Health Training Center and the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC).
The Region V Public Health Training Center is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number UB6HP31684 Public Health Training Centers ($929,475). This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by Region V PHTC, HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
Recorded NCHEC Webinars
CHES® Exam Information Webinar
Recorded on Wednesday, October 26, 2022
Learn all about what's involved in taking the April 2023 CHES® Exam. From eligibility to the application process, test scheduling, and studying, find out how to navigate the waters of the industry standard of CHES® certification.
Click Here to Access Recording
Learn how the CHES® exam has changed to incorporate the newly updated Eight Areas of Responsibility and more.
Curricular Mapping of Health Education Courses with the HESPA II 2020
This is a one-hour webinar sponsored by the New England Public Health Training Center and Yale School of Public Health. In this session, Public health professionals can learn about aligning program curriculum with the latest Health Education Specialist Practice Analysis II 2020 Competencies and Sub-competencies.
Webinar date: 2/23/2022
- Describe the steps in conducting a complete HESPA II 2020 curriculum mapping process
- Identify the need for curricular mapping using HESPA II 2020 Competencies and Sub-competencies to create curricular improvements and changes
- Discuss the importance of the HESPA II 2020 model for professional preparation and practice
- Discuss the steps involved with Health Department activities relating to the HESPA II 2020 Competencies
View the Recording Here