Upcoming NCHEC Webinars
How to Maintain Your CHES®/MCHES® Certification
View the Recording and receive FREE (1) Category I CECH for CHES® and MCHES® and certificate of completion.
This session is intended for health educators with existing CHES®/MCHES® certifications or those who are interested in pursuing this credential.
- Identify the requirements for the maintenance of CHES® and MCHES® certification
- Identify where and how to find and submit Continuing Ed credits
- Describe how to monitor your CECH transcript online
- Identify fees for maintaining certification
- Discuss the Continuing Competency requirements for recertification
View the Recording Here
- Davondra Brown, MEd, MCHES®, Member of the Board of Commissioners and the Division Board of Professional Development, National Commission for Health Education Credentialing
- Kirsten Rodgers, EdD, MSPH, MCHES®, Owner and Lead Consultant Consultant, Proximate Learning, LLC
** In order to access the recording, you'll need to enroll in the course. New users will need to create an account at that time (a two-in-one process). As long as you use Chrome, Safari, or Firefox, it will work. Internet Explorer and Edge do NOT work with our system.
Note: If you already earned free CE for the live webinar, you are unable to do so for the on-demand.
This course is hosted by the Region V Public Health Training Center and the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC). The Region V Public Health Training Center is a designated provider (ID# 99038) of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
Recorded NCHEC Webinars
CHES Exam Information Webinar
Aired: Wednesday, October 20, 2021
Learn all about what's involved with taking the CHES® Exam. From eligibility, to the application process, and onward through test scheduling and studying, find out how to navigate the waters of the industry standard of CHES® certification. Live Q & A with NCHEC staff and exam coordinator Tanya Cole.
Attendees interested in registering for the April 2022 CHES® Exam, OR a future CHES® exam are welcome to attend.
Access the Recording Here
Curricular Mapping of Health Education Courses with HESPA Competencies and Sub-Competencies
This webinar aired on: October 8, 2020
Sponsored by NNLM MAR, this one hour webinar is for any public health professional who would like to learn how to map Health Education curriculum to the new HESPA II 2020 competencies.
- Carolyn Rodgers, PhD, MCHES | Governors State University and NCHEC Board of Commissioners and Division Board for Professional Preparation and Practice
- Anna Torrens Armstrong, PhD, MPH, MCHES, CPH | University of South Florida, NCHEC Board of Commissioners
- Cynthia Karlsson, MS, MPH, MCHES | Washington State Department of Health, NCHEC Division Board for Professional Preparation and Practice
- Describe the steps in conducting a complete HESPA II 2020 curriculum mapping process
- Identify the need for curricular mapping using HESPA II 2020 Competencies and Sub-competencies to create curricular improvements and changes
- Discuss the importance of the HESPA II 2020 model for professional preparation and practice
- Discuss the steps involved with Health Department activities relating to the HESPA II 2020 Competencies
A Recording of this webinar is available.